Wednesday 2 May 2012


Apart from his soul, a blank slate and letters to tap on is all that a paradise of writers consists of. I too have luxury of time and technology but I am no writer, only words fascinate me. I just have a scratchy surface on the right side of my brain: abundance of thoughts, illusions, dreams, plans, assumptions, and many more than I can think of offhand. And that is what drives me here to be among my thoughts, create a zone of my own called Ru-Ba-Ru which in widely understood language English means soul-to-soul or face-to-face.

I have been here before a few times, more for a peep than with any real purpose. I return only to make yet another attempt, to dabble in a lane that has always bemused me.  When I was here before, I would often find myself lost in the attempt to filter thoughts that were worth sharing, and to be precise, worth the applause. I did care for, never was I there, just to be there to enjoy writing, to be myself, untouched by the fact whether others take note of what I had to say.

Let me share a secret with you, I wrote only to impress the fair sex. To get them to like me for anything other than looks and money as I never had them in plenty. Words set together creating a rhythmic sound when you read them loud! Nothing more or nothing less!

As a person to know I am all over the place - scattered in bits in the bright sunshine, in the twilight and in the darkness too. And one of these always manages to get better of me and hide the better self of me from coming out in open. To be blunt, I am yet to figure myself out.

Having said that, being here means being observant and opinionated! Ah, just to state a fact, people who know me well have contrasting opinions on my being ‘opinionated’. Whereas my inner self knows that not always my opinions are of my own, at times they are borrowed and influenced too.

But, my being here will only be justified if my opinions are my own, not lent by someone. So, let me put first thing first - some rules to myself – be original, be brave as sometimes social ramifications can come in the way of your being yourself, be humorous – quintessential  spice for a delectable social dish. There is a lot more, but I will reserve them as saying everything too early might put me up for a failure.

Now, what to talk about? Politics – does anyone really care for what I think? Education – always eluded me and it still does. People – I am known to be anti-social as I despise indulging in discussing people. Workplace – I wish it had anything worthy of talking about. Passion – Ah, my favorite word in the dictionary.

Music – it is always on my lips and those who have sat next to me at work and college will tell you more. Sports – I only know Cricket, tried having it off my back, and you know what, I am still trying. But, Gym and Fitness, if can be called a sport. Places – Thanks to work I am getting to see some of India else I would have died knowing only Delhi and Kanpur, my maternal town. Life – I am popular for confusing people with my own Fundas of life. This will be like back of my hand.

A mix bag of subjects: some interesting and some not so interesting. What if I shuffled them hard and fast? And created a blend of all these, I am sure something interesting and worth pondering will pop out. For an instance, mmm…Tibet!

Yes, Tibetan ‘People’ alienated from their own country by ‘Political’ influence of China. ‘Life’ got tumultuous, but spiritual ‘Education’ of many generations taught them to be ‘Passionate’ and instilled fighting spirit in them to go after their birth rights. And they moved ‘Places’. India was ‘Sporty’ and came to their rescue to offer them food, clothes and shelter in Mcleod Ganj, Dharamshala.

Tibetan people are strongly built, not because they went to ‘Gym’ regularly, because they are mentally very tough. High level of ‘Fitness’ earned as a result of rigorous meditation and chanting gave them courage to cross over life threatening terrains of Himalayas to reach India and lead a fresh life. They are still fighting and one day justice will prevail. China will listen to the ‘Music’ of celebrations for hard fought freedom of Tibet.

See, it is not tough! I agree not that many care for Tibet and its issues, but for anyone interested I have expressed its concerns in nutshell.

I got to be persistent and passionate towards my fresh beginning. With the hope of being here regularly I sign off from my new den Ru-Ba-Ru.

Dreams can come real only if we transform them to REAL ACTION.






2 comments:

  1. It was nice going through your blog and thank you very much for what you have shared on Tibet and Tibetan...
    I hope a day will come soon every Tibetan wave Tibetan flag and sing their national anthem in front of Potala Palace !!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that day will come in your lifetime, in our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete